Sunday, February 03, 2013

Election time musings #2

Observation #6: The DLP has started putting up posters. Saw my first ones in my neighbourhood on Saturday afternoon. Left home just after 4 p.m. and saw BLP and DLP posters living in harmony. Came back at 5.30 p.m. and the BLP posters were torn down. Poor Lynette Eastmond was there being run over. Now this is a common occurrence and EVERYBODY knows it's wrong. I'm not even going to go on about that. What I will say is this. I would think the proverbial "right" reason to tear down posters would be out of sight, out of mind. If I was doing it therefore I'd be taking the evidence with me. Just tearing them down and leaving the scraps on the ground is small minded and spiteful and might actually offend. THINK people!!

Observation #7: The BLP held its mass fete, sorry rally, last night. People like bush. So imagine my confusion to see the ad in today's newspaper for the campaign launch coming up on Monday. Why not "launch" at the fete, sorry rally?

Observation #8: Somebody has a lot of money and isn't afraid to give it to the BLP to spend. The DLP might have a lot too but to date it isn't being spent visibly. I'm not that familiar with the rules on campaign funding in Barbados. I found the following link which confirms what we all know, the rules are broken every campaign cycle. Fact #2: http://theaceo.com/mc-page.php?page=47

Fact #3: For ease of reference, here are the schedules of political meetings.
http://www.dlpbarbados.org/site/newsroom/events-calendar/
http://blp.org.bb/calendar

No comments:

Post a Comment